Neomejen ROG uporabe! // Support Autonomous Tovarna Rog

Gost

/ #21

2016-04-30 21:43

Many years ago there was a small city near where I grew up in Southeastern Michigan, U.S.A. that was and still is known as The City of Royal Oak. It was a place that was friendly towards artists and musicians. The average cost of living was affordable for these people, and they were allowed to be themselves without any trouble from the legal authorities or the general public at large. But unfortunately, that situation did not last. The city started to go through a type of change that I usually refer to as "over-gentrification". People started to move into the area that would be best described by me as being "nouveau-riche"...or more commonly referred to as Yuppies. As a result, the the average cost of living increased dramatically to the point that the artists and musicians living in Royal Oak could no longer afford to live there. To make matters worse, these unwanted interlopers started to have the local police force harass the artists and musicians for merely being there, even though these artists and musicians were living there before those rich people moved in. This practice of harassment chased out these artists and musicians, destroying any positive cultural identity that the city originally had. The City of Royal Oak was a good community that was destroyed by this form of "cultural-Nazism".

This reconstruction/demolition program that is being planned by the governmental powers-that-be is very reminiscent of what happened to the City of Royal Oak. I would rather not see that happen to your people. There is nothing good that will come of it. It's just another form of cultural-Nazism disguised as urban renewal.

This is why I signed the petition.

I bid you all good luck to the continued existence of your artistic community center. May it last long enough so that the next generation can be inspired by the fruits of it's labors.

David Yanity